Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Man you must be up out your mind!

Now I'm gonna make you dance
It's your chance
Yeah boy shake that ass
Oops I mean girl girl girl girl
Girl you know you're my world



Oops, sorry, did I go too far that time? LOL just kidding. I thought you people all might want to read something funny instead of the usual posts about hypocrisy and fake feminism.

Happy Halloween everyone.

2,203 comments:

1 – 200 of 2203   Newer›   Newest»
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new post, VV. :)

I wanted to say that the argument about whether or not MCR 'did groupies' is kind of moot at this point. Alicia and Eliza are the epitome of the word 'groupie' in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Of course they did!

Anonymous said...

At this point I believe he would have cheated with anyone.

Anonymous said...

After being involved with someone like Eliza and now Lindsey, Gerard doesn't exactly come off as being "choosy" does he?

Anonymous said...

When exactly did Lindsey become 'famous' for being Gerard's new girlfriend? Was it 2006 or 2007?

Anonymous said...

I don't think the words class, decency or dignity are in Gerard's dictionary.

Anonymous said...

Gerard and Lindsey got together in August of 2007.

Anonymous said...

When exactly did Lindsey become 'famous' for being Gerard's new girlfriend? Was it 2006 or 2007?

Well the first I ever heard about her (and MSI) was July 2007 during Project Revolution. It was pointed out early on in that tour that GW was hanging out with Lyn-z from MSI. Up until then the talk of MSI touring with MCR on that tour were generally concerned because Jimmy Urine wasn't a fan of MCR. And then BAM...the love truck. LOL!

I know people are (now) talking about her being around before (I still think that is to explain for the speed of their marriage etc) but I really don't think he got with her until PRev. Even if he met her 4 plus years earlier, that was just one gig, I think?

Thanks for the new post VV.

Anonymous said...

Sorry 1.47, I took forever to type that. You have already answered.

Anonymous said...

Chantal Claret can sing, and she does write her own music/lyrics etc, but it's not that good really. And what is it with the crotch flashing? Who wants to see it? This is from Jimmy Kimmel last night

Click on Morningwood performance.

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot; Thanks for the new post, VV!


I just asked because I found a site from an art class and apparently a girl/woman did a presentation on Lindsey (HA!). The way I understand the URL the presentation was from 2006.
I'm just wondering why someone would do a presentation about her in a women's art class in 2006?

http://www.faculty.de.gcsu.edu/~tyarboro/Presentations06.htm

What do you think?

Btw, I found that link by typing in Lindsey Ann Ballato + lesbian.

Hahaha! I just wanted to give it a try.

And yeah, I was bored.

Anonymous said...

Well I guess this girl/woman was an MSI fan from earlier days. After all Lyn-z must have been known to be an artist by her fans back in 2006. Didn't she do the art for one of their album covers? I'm not sure, but it would make sense.

Anonymous said...

I've only been able to find evidence of one show where MCR opened for MSI and it was in NY. Gerard made it sound like the two bands toured together when in reality neither of them even had to leave home to play that show.

I'm sure the two of them got really close at that one gig where they probably got to talk all of fifteen minutes. *rolls eyes*

Anonymous said...

I hate to say this but who really wants to look at Chantal Claret in hot pants?

happyXamp said...

what??

Anywho i've never been able to find proof of that one concert.

Anonymous said...

Apparently, MSI played three shows at Irving Plaza back in December 2003. MCR opened for them on the last one. Scroll to the bottom of the article.

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering why someone would do a presentation about her in a women's art class in 2006?

I'm just guessing, but I think this person was presenting what Lindsey does as a form of performance art.

Anonymous said...

I know people are (now) talking about her being around before (I still think that is to explain for the speed of their marriage etc) but I really don't think he got with her until PRev. Even if he met her 4 plus years earlier, that was just one gig, I think?

I think Gerard's precise words were:

"We just picked up where we left off"


If he only met her once when he opened for her band, what would he have to "pick up". I think he was involved with her.

Anonymous said...

Maybe in his mind they were involved, but in reality they talked for all of 10 minutes and Lindsey wasn't immediately repulsed by him. Who knows. We do know he's prone to delusions. He could have made up a complex relationship all in his head that didn't really exist.

Anonymous said...

ive never heard of a band putting every news article they could find about them on their own website. seems tacky. but then it is msi.

Anonymous said...

"We just picked up where we left off"


I happen to agree with 11:16. I think he was coming clean with something he could never talk about in the past, but could admit since he married her.

Anonymous said...

I think Gerard's precise words were:

"We just picked up where we left off"


You must be forgetting that this is Gerard Way we are talking about. He also said that he "met the person" he wanted to spend his life with at PR. He also said that he was "really psyched" about being engaged to Eliza. He also said that he was alone and that his love life was "whack" when everyone knows from her myspace and away messages on AIM that he was nailing Eliza. He also said that he didn't do groupies.

The dude lies. He lies often and he probably lies about everything. I don't believe a word he says.

Anonymous said...

If he only met her once when he opened for her band, what would he have to "pick up".

STDs?

You can't take anything Gerard says seriously. Pretty much everything he says comes right out of his ass.

Anonymous said...

When they first married, an MSI fan related how Lindsey told them she knew Gerard from the past when they opened for her band. I remember reading it about a month into the marriage thinking she was inventing things. Then he conveniently made that comment in an interview about a month later. After reading all the recent goings on, I now have the impression that something could have gone on between them earlier. He may be a chronic liar, but that time for the interview I believe he slipped up. In trying to justify the speed of the marriage he may have inadvertently told the truth imo.

Anonymous said...

It has been established that the two of them knew one another. He did, in fact, open for her band in 03. However, just knowing someone is a far cry from having a relationship with them.

Just because some idiot fangirl on buzznet claims to have a friend who's a friend of their family who says they dated for two years doesn't make it so.

I still believe that Gerard and Lindsey tried to make more of their acquaintance (which is all I believe it was, a casual acquaintance) so their hasty marriage wouldn't appear quite as idiotic to fans as it did. For me it didn't work, but it seems to have satisfied the fangirls.

Anonymous said...

The thing is, we will never know the truth. With somebody like Gerard, who lies as much as he does, I'm not sure he even knows the real truth at this point.

The fangirls will believe whatever they have to believe to reconcile his behavior in their heads and those of us who don't like Gerard will come to our own conclusions about how much of his bullshit we are willing to believe. In the end, I don't think it matters anyway. He's still a douchebag, no matter what.

Theory #3 said...

Maybe they didn't have a relationship in '03. Maybe they just fucked. In their minds, it could mean something more "offical" than being drunk or on drugs and getting some backstage.

Anonymous said...

My theory is they knew each other in passing and Gerard wasn't rich or famous enough to get her attention at the time.

PR comes around and now that creepy guy she saw years ago has something better to offer her.

The funny thing is that when the rumours about Gerard and Lindsey started swirling during PR (before the sharpie messages) most of the fandom was like "That's impossible, they' re probably just friends because Lindsey is an out of the closet lesbian."

Most who knew of MSI just took that as a fact.

Peter Griffin said...

Look Lois, I love Meal Ticket just as much as I love Chris and Stevie but business is business.

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is that when the rumours about Gerard and Lindsey started swirling during PR (before the sharpie messages) most of the fandom was like "That's impossible, they' re probably just friends because Lindsey is an out of the closet lesbian."

I remember that. When the picture of them kissing first surfaced, one of the MSI fans on a community I belonged to said, "Oh, it's Lyn-Z. She'll kiss anything."

Anonymous said...

I think they had a one-nighter at first. I think that's the 'picked up where we left off' thing.

Anonymous said...

I think they had a one-nighter at first. I think that's the 'picked up where we left off' thing.

That sounds about right. A drunken fuck backstage or maybe someplace really hxc like a stall in the men's room at Irving Plaza in 03. How very rawkstah of them.

seamusrabbit said...

Mrs Way has twittered about getting "knocked up".
God that woman is vile!

Anonymous said...

What would you expect of someone who would carry on a conversation with someone pretending to be her own body parts and her husband's crotch on twitter?

You stay classy, Lindsey.

Anonymous said...

What would you expect of someone who would carry on a conversation with someone pretending to be her own body parts and her husband's crotch on twitter?

Seriously. Why on earth would she respond to that person or persons knowing that she is just drawing attention to them by doing so? Even the nimwits on BN were talking about how disgusting they thought those twitters are.

Kapunua said...

Seriously. Why on earth would she respond to that person or persons knowing that she is just drawing attention to them by doing so?

Pretty sure you just answered your own question. :)

BTW, I was "Peter Griffin" up there. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!

I think it's funny that even irrelevant Buzznet 'scene queens' have more followers on Twitter than Lindsey has. She must be irrelevancy squared then.

seamusrabbit said...

Hey Siobhan,
Did you get that link?

Anonymous said...

Oh, Hi Seamusrabbit!

Yes, I did get that link. Thank you very much. I remember that we were trying to find out if this is really their home quite a while ago. ^_^
How are you doing?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm watching 'Independence Day' for the umpteenth time now. I'm still frightened to death when I see the UFO coming through the clouds for the first time.
I can tell you if that would be really happening I would drop dead at the mere sight of it.

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny that even irrelevant Buzznet 'scene queens' have more followers on Twitter than Lindsey has. She must be irrelevancy squared then.

I find it hilarious that Lindsey only has about 1000 more followers on Twitter than Alicia does. Does that mean that Lindsey only has 1000 fans from her MSI days who aren't MCR fans?

Anonymous said...

Maybe MSI only has 1000 fans who can read.

Anonymous said...

Maybe msi fans don't use Twitter.

happyXamp said...

Maybe msi fans don't use Twitter.
```````````````````````````````````theres a point here. A lot of people have trouble juggling between two social networking sites.

happyXamp said...

i am officially wearing jeans i wore before i got knocked up. i will celebrate by eating bacon. from lynz

Anonymous said...

Ew.

happyXamp said...

i found it! Green Day were asked about MCR and FOB although BJ didn't mention those bands specifically:

http://www.greendayauthority.com/TheBand/articles/rocksoundjune2009/pg6.jpg

Anonymous said...

the way he avoided direct mention of specific bands was classy of him, though i got the feeling he did that because he "doesn't care for" them. when he said "as long as people get the right stuff from it then it's great" it made me think that mcr definitely did not get the "right stuff" from it, despite was gerard said BJ taught him.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Billie Joe did just kind of avoid mentioning MCR and FOB completely. I like that he mentioned Blink-182 though. I bet he (BJ) hated The Black Parade.

Anonymous said...

There was so much of Billie Joe's stage show that Gerard just outright stole. I always cringe when Gerard did the sticking his hands down his pants thing because I've seen Billie do it so many times (and so much better). Also, whenever Gerard would do that "pick each other up" speech it was like he was trying to hard to be like Billie Jo.

Anonymous said...

TBP was everything Green Day is against. Forced, insincere, and seemingly created for commercial success. It took Green Day 10 years after Dookie before they made American Idiot. In that time their career had peaks and lows and they developed a loyal, genuine fanbase.

In 2 years, MCR went from underground nobodies to teen sensations. Their fans consist of mostly teen girls who will and already have grown out of that phase and moved on. The sincere fans they once had have mostly abandoned ship because the band got "too cool" them. They made "their" American Idiot less than 5 years after their formation. And it would appear the one thing that made them unique, their "message" was just a gimmick.

Green Day is one of the best bands of the last 50 years no matter what anyone says. MCR was just a flash in the pan of pop culture.

Anonymous said...

^This.

Anonymous said...

American Idiot had a real message that was in the music. Billie Joe never had to get onstage and preach at his audience. He didn't have to. The music spoke for him.

You can't say the same thing for MCR. With the exception of a couple of very cliched lines from TBP (We'll carry on and I am not afraid to keep on living) there was no real message in MCR's songs because the fact of the matter is that Gerard doesn't have anything to say.

Anonymous said...

the matter is that Gerard doesn't have anything to say.

Kill the girl and get paid (or laid or made or whatever the fuck it is he said). WTH?

happyXamp said...

One of the things that i've truly admired about Green Day is that all the members get a chance to speak.. which is how you can see that their really quirky people (Tre Cool...) But their also willing to admit when they've said something or made a mistake

Unlike MCR where its just Gerard speaking for the most part.

Anonymous said...

Even if TBP did have a real message their fans on the whole wouldn't be bright enough to discern it. And with Revenge, Gerard beat them over the head with his pretentious preaching so they got used to it being spoon fed to them.

happyXamp said...

wonder what they'll preach on this album?

Anonymous said...

Gerard did beat the fans over the head with his "message", that's true. Only it was stolen nearly word for word from Billie Joe and Kurt Cobain.

happyXamp said...

i'm begining to wonder if BJ didn't mention certain bands becuase of his kids? Joey's 14-15 and probably listening to them becuase their played on top 40 stations...

I mean IF ( and a big if) Joey happens to find Pete Wentz or Ray Toro a good role modle then BJ may not want to put them down in front of Joey

Anonymous said...

I don't see how anyone can look at Pete Wentz and see a role model. As far as Ray Toro goes, I love the guy and think he's very talented, but as long as he continues to let Gerard stand in front of him and determine what kind of content goes on their records, it's hard to have a lot of respect for him.

Anonymous said...

I think Billie Joe has too much class to diss other bands, but his silence about MCR after touring with them (and all the praise that Gerard was continually throwing their way) speaks volumes.

happyXamp said...

http://larrylivermore.com/?p=297

here's another good interview with him takling about the music his kids buy

Anonymous said...

I love what he says about Eminem in this interview. I think it totally applies to MSI's lyrics as well. I doubt we'd ever see Billie Joe becoming besties with the likes of Jimmy Piss.

Anonymous said...

I read that replacing "Eminem" with "MSI" and it was scary how similar it was.

Anonymous said...

Comment twins 6:50 (:

6:50 said...

Lol. :)

Anonymous said...

Billie Joe: "But with Eminem, I think the things that he says are bullshit. Maybe he says that they’re a joke…"

"Joke or not, part of what Eminem is saying is that this kind of behavior is ok, that you’re a man and it’s part of your rite of passage or something, and that’s bullshit…"

Yes! That is exactly how I feel about MSI's lyrics.

Anonymous said...

And their whole purpose and attitude in general, IMO.

Anonymous said...

I think this is my favorite part:

"And it’s such fake rebellion. It’s testosterone-driven. It’s got nothing to do with using your fucking brain, which is what rebellion is about to begin with."

I am officially in love with this man's mind. :)

happyXamp said...

Green Day Authority has a bunch of their old interviews under Articles if anyone's intrested. I'm going through them to see if they mention MCR any more but so far i've only found that one

Anonymous said...

so it seems that Pete Wentz used the same shtick as Gerard back in the day, about him not wanting racist/sexist/homophobic people as fans and to throw away all their merch if they were. don't know if he still does this or gave it up like Gerard.

Anonymous said...

Go listen to some of The Who before you all faithfully believe that Green Day is magnificently original. Directly in regards to American Idiot. All art is a remake of the art that has come before it. You just have to know where to look. No diss to any band, it's simply the way it is. Some hide it better than others.

Anonymous said...

I never said they were original. I said they were quality and genuine.

Anonymous said...

I've listened to The Who for years and although they did come up with the concept of the rock opera, they were not political at all. They did deal with teenage angst and I consider their music to be kind of pre-punk, but American Idiot took the rock opera and (imo) perfected it.

Anonymous said...

Also, it's one thing to expound on an existing art form. It's another thing to downright steal snippets of several persons' art and combine it into something and try to pass it off as something of your own (TBP).

Anonymous said...

i think tbp got as popular as it did because the kids who bought it were too young to remember the stuff it ripped off

Anonymous said...

I hated TBP. I was a huge fan of Three Cheers and I remember being so excited for TBP to come out. The night they streamed it on their website I was right there listening and wanting desperately to love it.

I remember thinking, "WTF?" To me WTTBP just sounded like a weak rip-off of Queen. Then the part where it sped up I though, "Okay, this kind of sounds like MCR." I tried to convince myself it would grow on me (after all, I had pre-ordered the stupid fugly black box that was the LE boxset), but it never did. I wound up taking the damn thing to the used bookstore and selling it.

Anonymous said...

My uncle laughed at the Black Parade uniforms the first time he saw them. He said that MCR were trying to be the Emo Sgt. Pepper. It made me mad at the time but now I see he was right. :/

6:28 said...

*thought (not though)

Typos for the loss. =[

Anonymous said...

Ugh, the band uniforms. ~Stellar idea Gerard.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, the band uniforms.

I know right? If they had been just for the album cover or maybe one video, but whose brilliant idea was it to wear them for the tour? Oh wait. Gerard's of course.

I think those uniforms did more to discredit the band in the general rock listening public's eyes than anything else the band did.

Kapunua said...

Listening to TBP the first (and second, and third) times all I could think were, "Oh, Queen, hey nice to hear you again. Oh, s'up Pink Floyd?"

It went beyond "influence" and straight up into "same damn thing."

And tell me that the video for that "When I was a young boy" song isn't directly out of Heart Shaped Box.

For godsakes.

Anonymous said...

The first time I saw the video for WTTBP I thought they had ripped off Heart Shaped Box. Then they went and ripped off Smells Like Teen Spirit when they did the video for Teenagers.

Anonymous said...

It went beyond "influence" and straight up into "same damn thing."

Exactly. MCR didn't treat Queen, Pink Floyd and the Beatles circa Sgt. Pepper as 'influences'. They just copied them. Maybe Gerard thought if he threw enough different classic acts together into a blender it would come up sounding original, but it didn't.

They fooled a lot of young girls though.

Anonymous said...

I think they fooled a lot of older women too. Which is so weird. What is it about MCR and Twilight that attracts middle aged moms? Does anybody have theories? I would be really interested to understand.

Anonymous said...

As far as middle aged ladies go (moms or not)..... You never really change, despite age, responsibility, and so on. You are still that 17 year old finding her feet. With age comes experience and knowledge, but again in some ways, deep down, you will always still be that 17 year old. It is the real you I guess, the real core of you before you were influenced by others?

You'll never understand that until you are touching on 35 years old, look in the mirror and realize you are getting older, but you are still deep down exactly the same girl.

That's just a message out to the younger people that frequent here. Remember it, because it will happen to you. It's not so bad, just a little sad. LOL.

As far as MCR and Twilight attracting middle aged moms? I don't know, maybe because they still feel 17 years old?

Personally I am an ex MCR fan and never Twilight, but I get where you are coming from.

Anonymous said...

As an older woman myself, I agree with 3:19 when she says that a lot of older people don't feel much different inside than they did when they were 17 (myself included) but I don't really understand the attraction to Edward from Twilight nor do I understand the MCR fangirl mentality existing among older women.

I've met some pretty scary older MCR fans who seem to be obsessed with the band. They write fanfiction and will defend the band just as passionately as the rest of the (somewhat crazy) MCRmy. They're usually just more articulate.

I think maybe those people (as well as the really young teens who do the same things) are missing something in their lives -- maybe romance and excitement or an outlet for creative expression, so they develop a somewhat unhealthy attachment for fantasy people like Edward Cullen and Gerard Way.

Anonymous said...

fantasy people like Edward Cullen and Gerard Way.

Lol. How fucked up is it that the Gerard Way most fans thought they liked was just as fictional as Edward Cullen?

happyXamp said...

I was never intrested in the movie for Twilight, i really liked the books though.. I also liked the books that came before it like Vampire Diaries, but its getting a bad rep becuase it became popular agian after Twilight. The book was released in the 90s it was pretty succesful then and everyones sneering at it and other older series simply becuase they don't look at publishing dates.

sorry if that confuses anyone

Kapunua said...

KOL ANONS!

I'm fairly certain that "Use Somebody" is a KOL song? Anyway, this is an a capella version of that song. The soloist is the beautiful young man I helped to raise. He's my baby cousin.

*proud*



Thought you guys might like this.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I'm still laughing over 6:15 AM's opinion that The Who wasn't political. You're fucking kidding me right? OK, I surrender. Acknowledge what truth suits your purpose and completely ignore that which proves you wrong. AS USUAL. Carry on people.

Anonymous said...

ho hum 11:45

Anonymous said...

We'll carry on, we'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone, believe me
Your memory will carry on!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should educate us all, 11:45. Did The Who openly criticize the government in their songs? Give us some lyrics or examples.

There were many band during their era whose music was considered to be political in nature. I just never considered The Who to be included in that. But give me some examples and I will gladly retract what I said.

Anonymous said...

*bands

happyXamp said...

lol 12.57

Anonymous said...

Acknowledge what truth suits your purpose and completely ignore that which proves you wrong

Um...what the fuck are you talking about? What exactly has "proven" us wrong about anything?

I agree that The Who were not overtly political. The rock opera Tommy was very dark and many of its themes had to do with societal ills, but none of them were expressly political in nature, although it did touch on religion.

Tommy was an amazing work which I'm sure influenced Green Day, as it did Queen and Pink Floyd (and of course, TBP, although MCR never mentioned it). However, I don't think it did much to raise political awareness among an entire generation of kids the way American Idiot did.

I'm not saying American Idiot was better because of that. I'm just pointing out the thing that sets the two works apart.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so angry and you could contribute to the discussion.

Anonymous said...

Not 11:45, but I wanted to point out that the lyrics of Won't Get Fooled Again were very political.

The Who was a great band, but I don't see how that diminishes what Green Day did with American Idiot.

6:15, 6:56 said...

Not 11:45, but I wanted to point out that the lyrics of Won't Get Fooled Again were very political.

Thank you. I stand corrected and will retract what I said earlier about The Who not being political at all. I was wrong.

Also, thank you for your civility when pointing out my error.

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely video and a lovely performance, Kapunua. You have every right to be proud.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you shouldn't be so angry and you could contribute to the discussion.

From the tone of her comment I think it is clear that she has no interest in participating in our discussion. She obviously wants to try and 'prove' that we are wrong in our dislike of MCR. I'm not sure how putting Green Day down is supposed to accomplish this, but whatever. MCR fangirls rarely make sense.

Anonymous said...

Your cousin is very talented, Kapunua. Use Somebody is not an easy song to cover, but when it is done well it sounds great.

I'm a KoL fan and I am tired of hearing it on the radio because the stations have played it to death, but when you hear a good cover it kind if makes you realize why the song became so popular to begin with--because it's a really good song both lyrically and musically.

So thanks for that. :)

Anonymous said...

Your cousin can't quite nail the high note in the chorus like C. Followill, but otherwise he sounds good K.

Kapunua-kitsune said...

Guys, thanks for watching! I'm glad you like the cover. It's such a catchy song. I think I'll seek out the original, too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween everyone!

happyXamp said...

they were trying to get Franks bday a trendy topic on twitter... but its still not one yet

Anonymous said...

LOL at the comments for this performance. People are finally starting to realize just how bad these guys sound live. About time.

Anonymous said...

The people who post those videos usually delete the comments about how bad Gerard sounds live. And if they don't get deleted they get buried by people giving them thumbs down. It's like that guy who did the youtube video (laforge or something?) said, MCR fans are little fascists.

Anonymous said...

Ultraforge.

Lynn said...

LOL at the comments for this performance



LOL! at the beginning of the song! When he whispered "we are" and i laughed so hard that i had tears in my eyes. Also his teeth are YUK!

Anonymous said...

LOL! at the beginning of the song! When he whispered "we are" and i laughed so hard that i had tears in my eyes.

Oh I know. It was so awful wasn't it? And the fans who say he was drunk crack me up because what they don't know is that was after he got sober. Lol.

Anonymous said...

At the beginning he says "take 3" I would hate to hear how take one and two sounded! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think he sounds even worse on the MTV performance of GOY. They don't do that one anymore in concert at all. Gerard never could sing that live. I wonder how he managed it in the studio. They must have done something to enhance his voice.

Lynn said...

When he is singing live, you will notice how he sings some of the parts in a lower tone. That or sometime he doesn't sing it at all.

Anonymous said...

I think he sounds even worse on the MTV performance of GOY.

I don't know...it would be hard to top that really dramatic "we aaare" in Helena. I nearly choked on my Halloween candy. :D

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he never sings the songs like they were in the studio. He can't hit the high notes at all live.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how he would sound if he didn't smoke. All his smoking couldn't be could for his vocal chords, or his lungs for that matter.

Anonymous said...

A lot of singers have to give up smoking to preserve their voices. I've even heard of them giving up certain foods like dairy too. Of course, Gerard's too hxc to give anything up. He'll just go onstage and sound like shit.

Anonymous said...

Lol @ the comments

Gerard Way is an alcoholic. I have no doubt that he had a shot or two before this show. MCR does some wonderful performances when their lead singer isn't shit-faced.  Unfortunately, I've only ever seen two shows when he's on form. and this

he needs to learn how to breathe properly! his dynamics are atrocious.
Watch this comment get rated down

Anonymous said...

It cracks me up how the fangirls don't want to hear anything bad about him and how they make excuses for him.

Anonymous said...

He is their savior 7:51. What would you expect?

Lynn said...

I have no doubt that he had a shot or two before this show.


LOL! I think i would need a shot or more to listen to that.

Anonymous said...

Gerard Way is an alcoholic. I have no doubt that he had a shot or two before this show.

Or three or four...

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think i would need a shot or more to listen to that.

Me too. I think I'd have to be damn near close to being unconscious before I could stand that.

Lynn said...

They are blaming Ray because he is singing backup. I don't think Ray can sing but Gerard is clearly sucky on his own.

Anonymous said...

Poor Ray. He does his best to cover up for Gerard and then gets blamed for Gerard's shitty vocals.

Anonymous said...

I love how they're blaming Gerard's singing on his alcoholism when this was filmed long after Gerard was supposedly sober.

Anonymous said...

I always thought the hands on the dick thing started, not cos of BJ, but to get the audience not to focus on his singing. Ray is probably plan b. Failing that, there's Frank who's plan c.

Anonymous said...

Then there's always letting the audience sing. He does a whole lot of that, although there was no audience to fall back on at that MTV taping. Poor thing.

Lynn said...

I always thought the hands on the dick thing started, not cos of BJ, but to get the audience not to focus on his singing.


LOL! He was probably thinking "shit here comes a high part "I think i will play with my sock and they won't notice"

Anonymous said...

LOL! He was probably thinking "shit here comes a high part "I think i will play with my sock and they won't notice"

Haha!!

Lynn said...

Thank you for putting that link up anon. I needed a "scare" for halloween. Now when we all go to bed tonight we will be hearing" WEE AREE" SCARY!

Anonymous said...

No problem. :)

happyXamp said...

the title for one of Volups thread reads: "Where are all my bitches?"

Anonymous said...

He'll need a lot of socks for their next tour.

happyXamp said...

http://www.buzznet.com/www/search/photos/Gerard%20Way/?id=79372211#pagesubnav



happyXhalloween

Anonymous said...

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse here with this, but Kapunua was talking about checking this song out anyway.

Watch this performance of KOL doing Use Somebody on SNL. All four of the bandmembers have vocals and they all nail them. Caleb doesn't miss a note and he's playing rhythm guitar while he sings. And this is totally live so they only got one take.

The ability to nail a performance like this is what separates a good band from a shitty one.

happyXamp said...

For readers in the US dont forget to set your clocks back an hour!

I have no idea if its done in other countries

happyXamp said...

8.54 nice jab at Asslee Simpson too

Anonymous said...

Lol, poor Asslee Simpson. I heard she's out of a job now because they let her go from Melrose Place. Seems her acting is about as good as her singing. Eek.

happyXamp said...

yea whats her name the othre big name actress wanted her GONE... however her acting isn't that great just like her hair color


i also find her to be a wannabe

Anonymous said...

The ability to nail a performance like this is what separates a good band from a shitty one.

Lol, with MCR it's never about 'nailing' anything. It's more like 'did they mess up too bad or did Gerard sound kind of okay this time?'

It's pretty sad when 'kind of okay' is as good as he gets.

Anonymous said...

That performance on SNL was really great but the one at the Brit Awards gave me chills. Maybe because it was way back before the song got played to death. Idk, I hope they go back to a less polished sound on the next record. I still love me some Molly's Chambers.

But whoa, did that performance of Helena suck or what? Lynn is right. We're all gonna have nightmares!

Anonymous said...

Lol, with MCR it's never about 'nailing' anything. It's more like 'did they mess up too bad or did Gerard sound kind of okay this time?'

I've been a fan since 03 and that's always been the way MCR's live performances were. People used to go see them wondering whether or not Gerard would be able to remain standing for the entire set.

Sadly, even though he's supposedly sober now, his voice is worse than it was back then. I don't think there's even a question as to whether he's going to sound okay or not because it's just a given that he's going to sound like crap.

Anonymous said...

Dead blog is dead. Creepy "We aaaaare" Gerard must've killed them all in their sleep.

Anonymous said...

"Dead blog is dead. Creepy "We aaaaare" Gerard must've killed them all in their sleep."

Good. I hope they are all dead. Then they won't be able to spread their natsiness and vitriol all over the internet anymore.

Anonymous said...

OMGZ MAYOS 4EVA WHERE EVERY1 IS FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!!! KEEP TEH FAITH!!!!1111

Anonymous said...

At least we are family at Mayo's. We care about one another, unlike all you anons who only want to hate on someone who never did anything to you.

Funny how the only people from Mayo's who wound up here are Kapunua and Siobhan. That should tell you something about your little hate blog right there.

Anonymous said...

...all over the internet anymore.

One blog is hardly all over the internet.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, this blog is populated by one or two sad people who make all the comments. I always suspected that was the case.

Anonymous said...

"
Funny how the only people from Mayo's who wound up here are Kapunua and Siobhan. That should tell you something about your little hate blog right there."

yes.

That they didn't buy into MCR's idiocy.

happyXamp said...

what the hell gives you the right to come over here and make accusatins? What are you 5? clearly by the way some of you type i would believe that

Anonymous said...

Another Mayo imbecile strikes again.

Anonymous said...

At least we are family at Mayo's. We care about one another, unlike all you anons who only want to hate on someone who never did anything to you.

Aww, isn't it so horrible to hate on a rockstar? I mean, they can never be criticized. You are meant to throw your hard earned money at them, no questions asked. Even if they do tell you to go fuck yourself and marry an exceedingly stupid, sleazy, fool who has no qualms in playing songs about pedophiles and their lust for children, n****s and whores on four legs. I guess that we all we lack a sense of humor, and are just terrible bitter people, huh?

Lynn said...

At least we are family at Mayo's. We care about one another, unlike all you anons who only want to hate on someone who never did anything to you.


If you go read at mayo's right now it doesn't sound like a happy family. Just saying.

Lynn said...

you anons who only want to hate on someone who never did anything to you.


Did you not listen to that link the anon posted where
Gerard is singing Helena live? Don't say he never did anything to us. That was awful! LOL!

Lynn said...

Obviously, this blog is populated by one or two sad people who make all the comments.


How many people comment over there now? 6?

Lynn said...

Sorry. I just don't want this place to be compared to the other place. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree Lynn. He has no right to damage our eardrums like that. :)

Anonymous said...

a true friend hates the same people you hate!

lol

Lynn said...

a true friend hates the same people you hate!



Yeah ,maybe when you are in Jr High.

Anonymous said...

a true friend hates the same people you hate

When you emotionally mature you realize that is a fallacy.

Elisabeth said...

Good. I hope they are all dead. Then they won't be able to spread their natsiness and vitriol all over the internet anymore.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not dead. Just busy with college and listening to other bands... you know, the ones with singers who can actually sing?



Good to see you Lynn. I see you survived the dreaded We aarrre nightmare. LOL. I have to be honest with you, I'm not sure I'm going to sleep tonight after watching it. ;D

Belated Happy Birthday to you, Kapunua. Your cousin's video was awesome. :D

Thanks for the SNL link, anon. I missed the show, but I saw them perform the song on Conan. As usual they were flawless.

Hello to everyone else.

Elisabeth said...

Then they won't be able to spread their natsiness and vitriol all over the internet anymore.

Okay, I realize this is probably just a typo, but did anyone else wonder if this anon was trying to say nastiness or Nazi-ness?

Probably just me, huh?

Anonymous said...

troll

Lynn said...

Hello Elisabeth! Yes i did survive but i did have a couple of nightmares after listening to it! LOL!

happyXamp said...

http://www.buzznet.com/tags/mychemicalromance/forum/topics/458981/why-mcr/

nuff said

Elisabeth said...

LOL! "I get off on MCR live" ???

I've heard of people with strange fetishes before, but aural torture? Kinkyyy!

Anonymous said...

Those people on BN are so brainwashed. Anotherway sounds like such a pretentious twit and Volupuosity is a nitwit. I hate the way she goes on. Somebody needs to call her on her misuse of words.

Anonymous said...

"I guess because I feel a shock wave of passion, angst and sincerity that screeches from the pit of their being that I don't find anywhere else."

LOL!

Anonymous said...

like an electric volt hits me

I'm not here to mock the BN poster. I just don't feel the "electric volts" from Gerard & co. However, to each their own.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that he cant always sing in tune, I fuckin Love it that he doesnt care - he just does it anyway.

She's got that right.

Anonymous said...

Everyone is entitled to like what they like, even if that encompasses poor singing.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the BN poster would hesitate to mock you. They aren't the nicest people you know.

Anonymous said...

I understand 6:01. However they don't really know me, so I wouldn't take it so personally.

Besides, I consider arguing incessantly over what you like or dislike is kinda of silly in the end.

Elisabeth said...

I love the fact that he cant always sing in tune, I fuckin Love it that he doesnt care - he just does it anyway.

I guess they love that Lindsey can't play her bass either.

I don't understand the mentality that it doesn't matter if you're shit at what you do, just so long as you do it. That doesn't apply to any other profession, so why should it apply to musicians?

I sure as heck don't want a surgeon operating on me who doesn't really know what he's doing, but is willing to jump in and give it the old college try. You know what I'm sayin'?

Anonymous said...

On stage they seem to go out there every night as if they have to face a monstrosity without defeat only to express that they are the monstrosity whose defeat depends on the very completion of a night taken head on, balls un-tucked and cock up.

Um, what?

Anonymous said...

I second that. 0_0

Anonymous said...

I have the impression Volup wants to come across as learned, mature and intelligent. I agree she does not make sense in many posts and I did not appreciate the way she actively shot down other people's opinions that varied from her own, but I feel sorry for her, in a way.

Anonymous said...

I have the impression Volup wants to come across as learned, mature and intelligent.

Maybe she should realize that she doesn't already know all there is to know and actually go out there and learn something.

I've known people like here before. They expend so much energy trying to convince people how smart they are that they don't have any time left to actually develop any real knowledge.

Anonymous said...

on the very completion of a night taken head on, balls un-tucked and cock up.


Translation = Giving head, penis tucked in so there will be more room for sock.

Anonymous said...

I thought she was trying to implicate an erection as a metaphor for something.

Anonymous said...

...I don't think I understood a word of that either.

And this is off-topic (I only just found this blog a few days ago) but I love how in one of the MSI interviews linked in a previous post, how Lyn-Z says crap about "no one can do what I can. I could be in any band."

...yeah, because I can really see Red Hot Chili Peppers letting Flea go because of just how awsum her backbends are.

Anonymous said...

If Lindsey is "let go" I'm certain her darling husband would be more than honored to lend his support both financially and figuratively speaking, for his amazing wife.

After all, she is indebted after two years of secret dates and years of waiting before he made her his.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey:

take a hotdog and a couple of birds, a very tiny shark, darth vader and a banana and you get my halloween. best ever.

She really needs to see someone about that banana obsession.

Anonymous said...

She married a big banana, lol and I don't mean that! That's the sock.

Anonymous said...

If you were married to a man with a sock down there, you'd be obsessed with bananas too. Poor Linds. :/

Anonymous said...

lol poor sock ;/

Anonymous said...

Yep, he revealed his sock when they first secretly dated may years ago. Maybe he wears the same sock for nostalgic reasons.

Anonymous said...

Isn't a sock over your junk like false advertising?

Anonymous said...

Duh 5:40.

Anonymous said...

Yep, he revealed his sock when they first secretly dated may years ago. Maybe he wears the same sock for nostalgic reasons.

He probably hasn't washed that sock since, either. D:

Anonymous said...

frank: Yes i was a banana RT @MsVengenz1: @frank Hey Frank out of curiosity, do u dress up on your birthday// Halloween?

Frank was obviously at the Way house for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Frank was obviously at the Way house for Halloween.

I wonder if Lindsey sat in his lap?

Anonymous said...

^ Um. Ewwww.

Probably. She's most likey to be fed up of that sock by now.

happyXamp said...

RSJ: Censorship has been an issue you've had with past labels -- were you given complete freedom with Metropolis?

JU: CENSORSHIP IS A WAY OF LIFE BABYZ...YOU WILL NEVER BE CALLED BLOODY MAXIE PAD WITH THE SONG WET FARTZ FOR LOVE AND HAVE A NUMBER 1 HIT...WELL NOT IN MY LIFETIME ANYWAY...WE WERE ALWAYZ DICKZ IF PEOPLE TRIED TO CENSOR US AND WE MADE WEIRD DEMANDZ LIKE "OK IF YOUR GONNA CENSOR ONE SONG THEN CENSOR EVERYTHING YOU FUKERZ"...WE DIDNT HAVE TO DO THAT WITH METROPOLIS








urgh the all caps thing bugs me but http://rockstarjournalism.tripod.com/id34.html
have fun

Anonymous said...

Jimmy is such a buffoon. How can a forty year old man justify typing like a 12 year old girl? He needs to realize that this shtick isn't going to work for him much longer.

Anonymous said...

I have heard that he legitimately has dyslexia. But I've seen dyslexic people capable of typing much better than that. So it's a probably a matter of him not wanting to improve himself, which would be rather sad.

Lynn said...

Hi everyone! Here is a video of Eliza cutting hair in a new barbershop in Chicago. She looks good and she seems happy.



http://www.wgntv.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=3d5cc50e-24a4-469d-99cd-494af49bfc17

happyXamp said...

lynzway http://twitpic.com/o78vi - family photo. birds, well dressed, and a hot dog. i believe chicago style?

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 2203   Newer› Newest»